CIC-EC 1410 - Reunion Island
Who are we ?
The CIC-EC Reunion Island conducts and manages projects in clinical epidemiology that are made in 3 primary research axes: chronic and metabolic diseases, perinatal care and genetic, and infectious diseases.
- Cohort studies with diagnostic, etiologic, and prognostic applications
- From samples constituted in hospitals or in general population
- From medical databases or registries of Reunion Island : cancer registry, epidemiologic and information in nephrology network (REIN), congenital malformations registry, Observatory of preterm child (OGP)
- From databases issued from SNIIRAM
- Intervention studies in chronic diseases prevention (obesity, diabetes,…)
- Psychometric studies for measurements of self-perceived health and for the validation of measuring instruments like scale for cross-cultural and linguistic adaptations.
These research works take place in partnership with certified teams (Ministry of Research, Inserm, IRD), the University of Reunion Island, clinical unit of the CHU of Reunion, registers, centers of reference and competence, others regional establishments and institutional partners (Regional Health Agency, Santé Publique France, Biomedicine Agency) and associative like the Technopole of Reunion.
- Fianu A, Bourse L, Naty N, Le Moullec N, Lepage B, Lang T, Favier F. Long-term effectiveness of a lifestyle intervention for the primary prevention of type 2 diabetes in a low socio-economic community – An intervention follow-up study on Reunion Island. PLoS One. 2016 Jan 5;11(1):e0146095
- Besnier F, Lenclume V, Gérardin P, Fianu A, Martinez J, Naty N, Porcherat S, Boussaid K, Schneebeli S, Jarlet E, Hatia S, Dalleau G, Verkindt C, Brun JF, Gonthier MP, Favier F. Individualized exercise training at maximal fat oxidation combined with fruit and vegetable-rich diet in overweight or obese women: the LIPOXmax-Reunion Randomized Controlled Trial. PLoS One. 2015 Nov 10;10(11):e0139246
- Gérardin P, Sampériz S, Ramful D, Boumahni B, Bintner M, Alessandri JLA, Carbonnier M, Tiran-Rajaoefera I, Beulier G, Boya I, Noormahomed T, Okoi J, Rollot O, Cotte L, Favier F, Kaminski M, Fourmaintraux A, Fritel X, CHIMERE study group. Neurocognitive outcome of children exposed to perinatal mother-to-child Chikungunya virus infection: the CHIMERE cohort study. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2014 Jul 17;8:e2996
- Debussche X, Collin F, Fianu A, Balcou-Debussche M, Fouet-Rosiers I, Koleck M, Favier F. Structured self-management education maintained over two years in insufficiently controlled type 2 diabetes patients: the ERMIES randomized trial in Reunion Island. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2012 Aug2;11:91